New BPH Treatment – In-Office Laser BPH Treatment
Advancing Patient Care
Globally, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) is one of the most common diseases among aging men , affecting one in every two men over the age of 50 and virtually every male over 80 years of age, comprising over 85 million men worldwide.
The Pathfinder Laser Solution advances patient care and the availability of laser BPH treatments with a portable, cost-effective medical laser and fiber for hospitals, surgical centers, and with its unique value proposition, paves the way for in-office BPH laser treatments for private practice urologists.
 American Urological Association. Diagnosis and treatment recommendation. In: AUA Guidelines on the Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Litnthicum, MD: American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc.: 2003; 4:1-43.
A True Paradigm Shift in Laser Ablation of the Prostate
An evolution in portable diode laser technology, the Pathfinder laser has enabled a paradigm shift in the minimally invasive treatment of BPH. This unique technology and protocol pave the way for a new BPH treatment, in-office rather than in a hospital. This treatment only requires the use of local anesthetic, eliminating the requirement for operating room resources and a hospital stay.
While the Pathfinder represents an excellent and cost-effective alternative in traditional operating room environments, the minimally invasive nature of performing the procedure with this wavelength, and the laser’s portability and affordability make it possible to maintain the standard of care while performing laser BPH procedures in a private practice or surgical center. More efficient resource scheduling combined with patients preference to have procedures performed in private practice vs. the hospital translates directly into more procedure performed per day.
A clinically effective, safe, portable, cost-effective and resource-efficient treatment solution for BPH, the Pathfinder also enhances the quality of care for the patient. A minimally invasive procedure with enhanced healing and short catheterization times, administrative processes can also be more efficient with procedures being performed in private practice and patients returning home the same day. A specific protocol for in-office BPH laser treatments with the new Pathfinder laser delivers benefits to the clinician and patient alike. The net result; enhanced patient care and profitable practice growth!
Minimally Invasive In-Office Laser BPH Treatments
- Clinically effective (including fibrous tissue) with shorter treatment times
- Durable coagulation = excellent visibility
- Safety is Paramount; controlled depth of penetration minimizes the risk of energy absorption into surrounding healthy tissue
- No requirement for scheduling of hospital resources
- Increased operational efficiency = more procedures per day
- A truly portable solution easily moved between rooms or facilities
- Minimal retraining required when evolving from existing laser technology (side fire fibers)
- Mimic traditional TUR movements with the contact fiber
- Lowest total cost laser solution including consumables, maintenance, and logistics costs
- An excellent patient alterative; option for local anesthetic, no hospital stay required, and office co-pay applies